Friday, August 19, 2011

August BirchBox

I have literally been checking the mail everyday for the last week in anticipation over this box.
I was so excited to find it in the mail this afternoon! :-)
As a mom I'm always feeling like I don't "treat" myself enough. If I find something at the store for me and Allie, but I only have a limited amount of money to spend and can't get both. I more than likely put back mine and get what I picked for Allie.
(Plus, she's a lot cuter to dress/accessorize for than me trying to stuff myself into the size I want to be and then just get depressed. haha)
I think it's a good thing. I hope? As a mom, to be always trying to give. But, I'm kinda always feeling like I don't have anything that's nice. And just for me! 
Well, I've always had this obsession with make-up, hair products, nail polish...you name it in the cosmetic world. I'd probably love it. ;-) Going to Esthetic school was the best 9 months of my life. I was the most stressed, crazy 18 year old, who cried almost everyday. But I LOVED all the fun I got to have playing around with all the make-up and wax and facial products I could get my hands on. As soon as I walked in and sat down I was in heaven. I knew it was where I belonged. haha (I know, over cosmetics?) It might sound silly to some, but that's just always been me. 
Well, last month I came across this company called 
 that sells Deluxe high end beauty samples. 
Wait! Whaaat? Amazing? Yes! 
For $10 dollars a month (Free shipping) you get a surprise box in the mail full of samples for you to try. Then not only do you get the samples, you get points for every box you order, every product you right a review on, and if you refer a friend, more points!
The fabulous part about all of the points you earn, are for money to use towards your favorite product! Every 50 point ='s $10
Here's the list of the products I received this month.

(I actually didn't realize this was a product! I thought it was part of the packaging until I was in my account over looking everything. So no pic right now... ;-)

Take a look at it's fabulous-ness! haha
Here's what the box looks like.
 A letter on-top explaining what they're show casing this month and why.
 All nice and neatly packaged...
 All un-packaged:


The first product I picked up and tried was the perfume.
This mini for your purse is so perfect! 
I love how it's an actual spray bottle instead of one of those samples that you have to take the top off and blot it on your skin...doesn't ever seem to go right!...well, for me at least. ;-)
The scent is a really Fresh Fruity Floral.  Perfect for summer! 
It does kinda make you want to put on a cute summer dress and Twirl around while spraying it on! I've had it on for a couple of hours now and I still love the smell. 
Very ladylike, during any time of the day.

I'm so glad I did this! 
A perfect little something for me every month that I get all to myself and it doesn't break the bank! 
(Now, it does feed my obsession with cosmetics but, hey! Every momma needs something just for her!)

More reviews to come on the rest of the samples I received! Yup, I'm just as excited! ;-) haha

Have a great weekend!
Courtney

2 comments:

Molly said...

That's a perfect idea....except I would want my box to be full of different chocolates to try! haha.

Courtney Adkins said...

Haha that would be awesome too...not for my thighs though! :-/